5 things you didn’t know about Shiitake Mushrooms
For thousands of years, Shiitake mushrooms have been an important part of the daily diet of many people from Asian countries. The reason? Well, first of all, they are incredibly delicious and there are countless recipes based on them. Also, thanks to its natural properties, Shiitake mushrooms are often associated as a symbol of longevity. Do you know how beneficial they can be for you?
For this article, we will go through some of the most important features of the famous Shiitake mushrooms and why you should seriously consider having more of them in all of your meals:
1. They are amazing for your immunologic system
There are several studies that have proven a direct relation between the intake of Shiitake Mushrooms and a healthier and more efficient immunologic system. It helps you to increase the responses of these areas in certain circumstances. It seems like Shiitake Mushrooms are able to balance your natural defenses in order to better “understand” what is harmful to your organism and what is not, allowing to properly process and metabolize other nutrients that sometimes are being mistaken as negative.
2. Shiitake Mushrooms are really rich on nutritional components.
Shiitake mushrooms are rich in Vitamin B-, an excellent source of pantothenic acid, B6, niacin, fiber, and folic acid. You can even find important minerals for your metabolism like Selenium, Copper, Zinc, and Manganese. If you have trouble attaching calcium to your bone structure, Shiitake mushrooms can help you thanks to its high contents of Vitamin D2.
In order to preserve these nutrients, it is important not to overcook the mushrooms when you prepare your meals. Just a couple of minutes on olive oil should do the trick and will maximize the absorption of its features.
It is responsible for a better circulation
Shiitake Mushrooms work on three different ways:
- It is responsible to lower your levels of LDL Cholesterol (the bad kind of cholesterol), decreasing the risks of suffering heart attacks and preventing blood clots in your arteries and other circulatory systems.
- Shiitake mushrooms are associated with improved process syncing in between your immunologic and circulatory system, preventing atherosclerosis and other vascular conditions.
- Thanks to its Manganese, Selenium and Zinc, Shiitake mushrooms have antioxidant properties that are in charge of assuring a smooth transport of your blood through your circulatory system, preventing the obstruction of your veins and arteries.
Shiitake Mushrooms and Cancer Prevention
For many years, scientists have studied the properties of a sugar molecule named Lentinan, present on Shiitake mushrooms and its benefits on the prevention of conditions such as some types of cancer. It is important to notice that it is not proven its effectiveness on its treatment, but it can help by decreasing the rates of developing a tumor in the first place.
Now that you know all the benefits Shiitake mushrooms can have for you, it is time to go to the store and buy as many as you can. Or, you can just call us or order them on our website. Add Shiitake mushrooms to your daily diet is always the right call.Checkout Our Men's Health Mix ( Ashwagandha, Maca Root, + Shiitake Mushroom ) 👇👇👇