This is my version of a spicy ginger morning lemonade! It's delicious and packs a powerful punch!
Drinking warm water in the morning is highly beneficial. Adding lemon to that water puts it on another level. Lemon water helps with digestion, boosts the bodys PH levels and immune system, helps clear the skin by helping to detox your liver, and more.
Gingerroot is a pungent, slightly hot herb that enhances energy levels by increasing circulation in the body.
This spicy ginger lemonade will help boost your energy levels and helps fend off the flu and cold as well. And it tastes great! It's a win-win!
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup of water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Roughly 2 teaspoons of minced gingerroot
- A few teaspoons of raw or manuka honey
- Pinch or to taste of Cayenne Pepper
- Optional - You can add apple cider vinegar.
- Heat the water in a sauce pan. Remove from heat.
- Add the lemon juice, ginger, honey, and cayenne to a coffee mug and then pour in the hot water.
- Allow to steep for 4 -5 minutes.
- Drink and Enjoy!
It's that easy and is a great drink to make when you are feeling under the weather or just need a pick me up without any caffeine.
I like to drink this in the mornings when it's cold and it's warms me right up.